Tuesday, June 5, 2007

G Love on Mountain Jam!

Here's an excert from G's (Garret's) daily blog. In his own words...

G. Love:
Saturday found me driving to Hunter Mountain for Mountain Jam. We arrived on sight directly after a huge thunderstorm but there was still a healthy crowd of beautiful freakz on the side of the green and slick slope to turn it out. We had a 90 minute set which in most cases is a little bit too long for a festival. We decided to just relax and let the solos become a bit more extended. We had three sit in's as well. The Ozomatli horn section (Shef, Ule, and Asdru) sat in on Take a Walk on the Wildside. This was hot shit man! Steve Molitz from Particle sat in on Holla! And then we were ultra taken a back with Warren Haynes sitting in on Junior Wells, "You Don't Love Me". Warren is truly one of the greatest guitar players of all time. I was only disappointed that the drummer ended the song and it didn't go on forever. Warren, kindly, asked me to sit in on "It hurts me too" in his set but I had to decline as I had a 3.5 hour drive and a 5 year old in tow and it was gonna get too late. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm still kicking myself. Hopefully, there will be a next time!!!!


Photos © Dino Perrucci 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

G. Love's set rocked! We were right up front and loved every second of it!
~Aimee