Friday, June 4, 2010

ART INSTALLATION AT MOUNTAIN JAM
















Write-up and pics by Diane Colello

THE MAZE, or THE STAR a.k.a "THE SHAPE SHIFTING GRAFFITI COLLECTIVE"

They brainstormed that name on the spot, in response to my queiry, but that's the kind of creative folks they are. Invited by Mountain Jam, Cappy and John came from San Francisco, met up with colleagues here to install and create art you can be part of. Or perhaps we should say plant and nurture, as they describe their creation as growing from the energy of the ground it's on, fed by the earth energy fountain in the center of the space. Input from each artist flows into collective ideas which bring the work to an ever evolving fruition. From the pics above, you can add your own interpretation...












2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was awesome. Thank you to everyone who made it possible. Cappy and I painted some of the panels on the Star but other credit is due to the "IS" graffiti crew from NYC. Also the rest of the Art Installation including the geodesic dome and the pyramid dance floors where the fire dancers performed were built by different teams of artists, all of whom generously helped welcome us to Mountain Jam.

Thanks for everything!

Jon

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and
she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic
but I had to share it with someone!

Feel free to visit my web-site 21 Day Fix results