Saturday, June 5, 2010

DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS: REVIEW & PICS

Written by Drew North, Pictures by James Orr & James Laffin



Seriously, the Drive-By Truckers are now a part of the necessary lexicon of rock and roll...their music is amazing...What I knew of my years listening to the Truckers as an ironic and wry band who were always doing tongue-in-cheek musical masterpieces has been destroyed, these guys have come into their own since the last time they came to the Jam. The sweet southern ramble of sonic assaults that these characters perpetrated pierced my music bone in a very serious way....







Their down home and comfortable demeanor won me over with sincerity and bad ass, full driving rock!... Mercy Buckets - a great play on words - and an even greater song topped their set which is off their new album and it showed the band's true talent for being poignant and solid. The tie in with with Patterson Hood inviting his father David Hood (the famous session player) to join the set was an especially great moment! I love those moments unexpected guest performances. Their set brought their legacy full circle even tempting me to leave the mountain for Levon's Ramble which is where they are going to be next. But, I can't leave the Jam just yet and I will just have to wait until Sunday when Levon and Friends will all be playing together in what will be an amazing and undoubtedly stellar performance and a true moment in rock and roll history. I can't wait!!!


























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool interview with Patterson Hood by David Lowery of RadioVA.

http://radio-va.com/2010/11/01/david-lowery-interviews-patterson-hood/

Anonymous said...

taylor swift nude slip taylor swift nude pictures

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad i ran across this site.Added mountainjamblog.blogspot.com to my bookmark!